We’re burning our way through August, which means summer is gonna be gone faster than you say say “I need more sunscreen”. I usually have a list of thing I want to get done over the course of the summer, and this year is no exception. But, I’m a firm believer in the power of procrastination, which means I’ve crossed precious few items off my summer to-do list. Thankfully, there’s a still a couple weeks left, in fact I’ve technically got until Sept 21 to finish up my list.
As for the list itself, I have to try to realistic about things. I need to leave off the unrealistic items like hit a European metal festival (too broke), practice for a day at training camp with the Miami Dolphins (no athletic talent), or kiss a girl (that just isn’t happening). When you throw those items out, everything else on the list seems eminently possible…
- Spend a night at the drive-in movie
- Spend a night star-gazing (remember your sky map so you know which constellations are which, Fatty…)
- Build a bonfire at the sand dunes (even if you just take your car out there and burn it)
- Spend a hot afternoon sitting in a pool (even if it’s just a kiddie pool)
- Spend a few days up at the family cabin in the woods (watch out for horror movie cliches…)
- See the new Simon Pegg-Nick Frost-Edgar Wright flick (the only thing on this list that’s a lock to happen)
- Trim the beard. Not because it’s too hot. Because if it gets any poofier Fatty’s chin is gonna look like Jimi Hendrix’s head.
So that what I wanna get done before summer takes its leave. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, what’s on it?